A Splash of Lime
Grand Rapids....come for the churches, stay for the Nascar and Deer Hunting.
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
Labels Logos and Lea
I don't have too much in the way of funny or important things to say, but I do have some good pics to show.

I just finished a brochure for a manufacturer of Chef apparel. Not a big one...just an 8 pager. As I was looking at all these chef coats, I said to myself "how cool would it be to have your own personalized chef coat and hat to surprise friends with at your next dinner party?" As it turns out...I can order just one coat. So I did.

A coworker of mine who runs a bit on the hefty side has always talked about opening his own diner and calling it "chubby's". Thats just too good a logo opportunity to pass up.

Logos are below.

LIFTEDSPIRITS

CHUBBY

Anyone recognize the body for chubby? Times up! It's the Stay-Puf marshmallow man from Ghostbusters! The head is my coworker Paul and I must say, it's the spittin image of him. Amazing what illustrator and photoshop can do with a few clicks 'cause god knows I can't draw to save my life.

I probably won't show these off at the PhotoshopWorld Conference which I'm going to in a month but hey...they can't all be masterpieces. The conference is in Boston this year, a place I've never been...so if any of you bloggers out there know of some good spots to hit for cocktails/eats/theater/whatever feel free to throw your 2 cents in the comment box.

The newest addition to the family is doing splendidly. As you can see, she likes to sleep.

sleeping lilac

A friend of mine gave the lucky parents a case of cabernet as a congrats gift.....here's the label I did to put on the bottles. They came out really nicely.

LeaWine1

Finally...a work in progress....initially the cat was a few feet away at the end of the couch and it was a photo taken in broad daylight...still not sure what else is happening with this one but it's coming along.

leacat2

Thats all the news thats fit for print. Pics to come of my actual chef outfit once the stitching is done!

Ciao.
J
posted by Jonathan @ 5:56 PM  
9 Comments:
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Angeline Rose Larimer said…

    Great stuff! I'm feeling more curious about Photoshop after reading through the digital photography book Zilla got me, which called Photoshop the digital photographer's darkroom.

    I was so self-conscious about cheating, but not any more!

    I wish I knew something about Boston. Sounds like a cool conference, though. I hope you'll come back and share tips?

    Lea is getting more beautiful every day. I'll keep an eye on your progress with the kitty/Lea photo. I keep trying to get all the little creatures into one shot. Maybe some cut and pasting is required. They do like to squirm around!

    Just letting you know, if you're not busy, we're having a chatroom party for Sarah's birthday tonight.
    Bring the wine!!

    http://stamant.org/friendsroom.html

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Mr Z says the most famous restaurant in Boston is Legal Seafoods, but he hasn't eaten there in ages. His parents probably took him there in the 1980s while he was trying to get out of MIT with his dignity intact. Mostly he ate at McDonalds back then, and he didn't have his first beer until he was 25, so he's not much help in that department, either. I'm pretty sure his advice would be just to stay the hell away from MIT, which, you know, is pretty good advice unless you're a smart janitor with a bad attitude. Whatever you do, have fun!

    Lovely to see your artwork here! And the GBaby -- wow, what a sweetheart!

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger Angeline Rose Larimer said…

    How was Boston??

    *You've AT LEAST got to have updated Lea pictures. Where are they?

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger fineartist said…

    That baby is beautiful.

    And your posts are clever and funny as ever.

    Now get some sh...stuff goin' on in here, we miss you!

    I Know, I suck. x

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Angeline Rose Larimer said…

    Has the big day already gotten here??

     
  • At 7:25 AM, Blogger Angeline Rose Larimer said…

    Congrats!

    Pictures were great.

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Angeline Rose Larimer said…

    Isn't she old enough for college by now?

    (My subtle hint that it's been awhile since you've posted.)

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Angeline Rose Larimer said…

    Merry Christmas, original Secret Santa!

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Angeline Rose Larimer said…

    You coming back here ever? Just cleaning through my blogroll.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Terror Alert Level
 
About Me

adopt your own virtual pet!

Name: Jonathan
Home: Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
About Me: Just a guy who trying to eek out a living as a graphic designer in SW Michigan.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT

Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood.

Links
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER