A Splash of Lime
Grand Rapids....come for the churches, stay for the Nascar and Deer Hunting.
Saturday, February 17, 2007
Princess Lea
I've never had kids of my own. It wasn't a conscious choice. I actually love kids. Circumstances just never allowed the opportunity to present itself. In lieu of having my own kids, I have, over the years, embraced the various roles of cool uncle, soccer coach, mom's nice boyfriend, babysitter and a variety of other roles with enthusiasm and glee. It helps to enjoy firecrackers and paper airplanes and whoppee cushions and board games as much as my counterparts who are 3 decades younger than me.

A new role was added to my list yesterday. Grandpa. (personally I'm lobbying for Poppy as opposed to grandpa, since I was informed that Big Daddy G was not an acceptable substitute for the more "normal" grandparent monikers.)

Yesterday was also the first time I got to experience the whole hospital waiting room thing and seing a baby right after it's born. Boy....thats some heady stuff. And it wasn't even my kid. Cheryl is bouncing off the ceilings with joy and it was quite a day all around.

So....ladies and gentlemen...without further adieu...I give you Lea, Lea and mom, and Lea and grandma.

6 lbs, 14 oz. 11:58 a.m. 2/16/07
Lea_small

Ahnuh_lea

Cheryl_Lea

Pretty darn adorable heh?
posted by Jonathan @ 4:07 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 6:02 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Lea is a beauty! As is Mom, as is Grandma. Congrats to the growing family, and congratulations, Big Daddy G... I mean POPPY! You're going to be the best gramps ever!

    I know a cat in New Zealand named Poppy. And, not to stick an annoying song in your head, but he's got cat class and he's got cat style...

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger ron st.amant said…

    oh my GOD what an amazingly beautiful little girl...so so lovely.
    Congrats...and dude, let me tell you...if the waiting room and fresh baby was heady enough for you count yourself lucky you haven't done a delivery room...it's like watching the end of 2001: A Space Odyssey on mescaline and with a mariachi band wailing through a set of Black Sabbath in your ears...

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger fineartist said…

    Princess Lea, oh man is she a beauty, for real. Such interesting pronounced lovely features.

    I wanted to be called Queenie when I became a grandma. My son, who made me a grandma at forty, said, "Uh, no. How 'bout fruit, or, okay I wont type the other suggestions he had, they weren't very nice.

    Anyway, Mouse, he named me Nana, only he said it like, Na'a, and still does. Best name I ever had, or could have come up with. George calls me Nanny, only she whines it and draws it out like, Naaaannnnyyy, I love it.

    It's being a grand one glorious? Yeah, it's the frappin best.

    love to you and your girls, Lori

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Angeline Rose Larimer said…

    Yay!!!

    How fantastic, His Excellency Mr. Big Daddy G Funk Poppy.

    Scratching my head at Ron's delivery experience. Thinking my epidurals weren't near strong enough now.

    Beautiful all around. And you just know you're gonna have more and more fun as Lea gets bigger, more opinionated, etc.

    Congratulations all around. This has sure been one great month for new gorgeous geniuses entering the world!

    *Is Lea a cusp baby??? Part Aquarius part Pisces? An intelligent, witty, sensitive artzy type. Tee Hee, you're gonna have sooo much fun!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Terror Alert Level
 
About Me

adopt your own virtual pet!

Name: Jonathan
Home: Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
About Me: Just a guy who trying to eek out a living as a graphic designer in SW Michigan.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT

Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood.

Links
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER