A Splash of Lime
Grand Rapids....come for the churches, stay for the Nascar and Deer Hunting.
Sunday, December 25, 2005
I'm Baaaaack!
It's Christmas morning so this is a quick one!

First.....Merry Merry Christmas to all.

Second...Since I got home from my cruise last night at 12:06, technically, it was christmas. So I opened my secret santa gift.

Major props to Alpharat. I love MC5. I love Detroit. I love Rock-n-Roll! I'm in Grand Rapids now but grew up in Ann Arbor so Detroit is no stranger to me and you're right...Detroit IS Rock-n-Roll. My turntable bit the dust a little while back, but my sweetie and I play cards with another Detroit transplant every week who's got a system that rocks....I plan on bringing my own tunes over there the next time we get together. What a really really excellent gift. Thanks for putting so much thought into it. Do you like the Detroit Cobras?

Merry Christmas to you all. After being gone for a over a week, I don't know how I'll catch up on all the blogs, but I shall do my best.

Peace, Love, and Bobby Sherman.
posted by Jonathan @ 7:03 AM  
7 Comments:
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Bobby Sherman?

    How drunk am I?

    Please. Splain me this.

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    ps: how was the cruise and did the captain wed y'all? or is that coming later?

    effin word verification after 1 1/2 bottles of wine: qvhjwoik

    unfair!

     
  • At 2:03 AM, Blogger fineartist said…

    Nostalgia fires my dendrites, Bobby Sherman you say?

    So I think, yah, I remember him…what did he sing? Those eyes, man I remember those eyes, but I can’t remember anything he sang…except, the bluest eyes--oops skies--you’ve ever seen in Seattle, and he hills are greenest green in Seattle…something, something…when it’s time to leave your home and your loved ones, it’s the hardest thing a BOY can ever dooooo. And you pray that you will find someone warm and sweet and kind, something, something…Come on hum with me here.

    Oh and HEY little woman please make up your mind you’ve got to come into my world and leave your world behind…What the heck did he mean by that anyway? Pffft.

    Peace love and moter city five, oops I mean social change by any means necessary.

     
  • At 6:38 AM, Blogger alpharat said…

    Glad you dig it.

    I am a big fan of the Cobras; my wife's old friend plays guitar for them.

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger fineartist said…

    Okay, just exactly WHAT is alpha saying here? His wife's used to be friend or his wife's friend from long ago and still is, or his wife's ancient friend. As in this f'er is so frappin' old, why he's over fifty, gasp.

    Just kidding. Heh hyuk.

     
  • At 6:25 AM, Blogger alpharat said…

    Just to clarify -

    A guy my wife has been friends with since high school, he's still a friend, and he's only 30...

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger fineartist said…

    Thanks Alpha for the clarification...I am such a dork...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Terror Alert Level
 
About Me

adopt your own virtual pet!

Name: Jonathan
Home: Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
About Me: Just a guy who trying to eek out a living as a graphic designer in SW Michigan.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT

Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood.

Links
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER