A Splash of Lime
Grand Rapids....come for the churches, stay for the Nascar and Deer Hunting.
Saturday, January 22, 2005
A picture is worth...
A thousand words? A hundred? My girlfriend likes to paint and personally I think she's pretty good. She certainly is a lot...and I mean A LOT better than I am, and knows a heck of a lot more about it...like sometimes I'll think she's done with a painting and she'll tell me that it's just the UNDERPAINTING that I'm looking at...at which point I'll say something like "Are they boxers or briefs". Other times it can look like UNDERPAINTING, but it's actually done. I wait until she tells me it's done...then I comment (mama didn't raise no dummy).

For her full time gig she is an 8th grade language arts teacher, which I might add makes her perfectly equipped to deal with me and my issues. She paints when she is not dealing with hormone riddled teenagers or their parents who are always trying to blame the teachers because "MY child certainly couldn't have done THAT (replace "THAT" with the myriad of things that 8th graders do that their parents don't think they could do).

Since she doesn't have a tremendously long time to go before she can retire, she wants to reach the point in her painting where she is in a couple of galleries, is gaining recognition as an artist, and then we will move someplace where it is much warmer to spend our golden years running a small gallery representing other artists as well as her works.

Here is one of her paintings:

trees

Here is one of mine:

roller

Comments on this post and/or the painting(s) are very welcome. In fact, when I asked my girlfriend if it was o.k. for me to put a photo up here she thought it sounded kinda cool to be able to get feedback from a random source. Not that I'm calling you random, but how did you get here anyway?

posted by Jonathan @ 4:04 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Terror Alert Level
 
About Me

adopt your own virtual pet!

Name: Jonathan
Home: Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
About Me: Just a guy who trying to eek out a living as a graphic designer in SW Michigan.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT

Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood.

Links
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER